ADBA Event Rules
American Pit Bull Terrier Conformation Standard
Top Dog Athletic Event Rules 2023
ADBA Incident Report (Club Use Only)
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND SANCTIONED EVENT SHOWGROUND RULES
- All dogs must be A.D.B.A. registered to enter any ADBA sanctioned event. (Dogs ADBA registration paper(s) or Show & Pull ID card must be presented when registering for event)
- Conformation Age Requirement: Dog must be no less than four months of age (to the date of its birth) to be entered. (This is to protect the temperament & health of the young dogs.)
- Weight Pull/Top Dog Athletic Event Age Requirement: Dog must be no less than nine months of age (to the date of its birth) to be entered.
- No puppies or dogs allowed on the premises – for sale or otherwise – unless entered in one of the day’s sanctioned events.
- All children on premises must always have adult supervision.
- All dogs will be secured in dog crates and attended to at all times.
- All dog crates must be in good condition. No wire crates allowed.
- Dogs will be held in designated holding area until called for participation.
- While participating in event(s), leads are to be no longer than 4 feet and attached to a secure “belt buckle” collar.
- No “flex” leads, “quick release” snaps, or “choke chains” allowed.
- There will be no “facing-off” of dogs, “challenges” or un-sportsman like conduct allowed.
- Conformation: No spayed or neutered dogs.
- Weight Pull and Top Dog Athletic Event: Only ADBA registered dogs, both intact and or spayed/neutered, or LPP (Limited Performance Privilege) dogs are allowed to enter in an ADBA sanctioned weight pull.
- No bitches in heat allowed.
- Females that can be determined to be pregnant by visual inspection will be ineligible to compete in ANY/ALL ADBSI Sanctioned event(s).
- Inappropriate and/or disruptive behavior will not be tolerated.
- Any vendor’s inventory not complying with ADBA guidelines will be removed. Failure to comply will result in removal from show grounds with notification sent to ADBA.
- Any dog showing aggression to humans, or human showing aggression to dogs, will be excused and barred from participation.