Either or both of these bills could move anytime quickly thru its chamber!
Please take the following action immediately –
If you don’t know who your Senator & Rep. is please go to –
https://wrm.capitol.texas.gov/home and enter your address.
Click on your senator & representatives names to get phone #s to call.
And you can email them by sending to (first name)dot(.)(last name)
Followed by house.texas.gov and senate.texas.gov –
I’ve copied mine Cc on this email for you to see how.
- The bills will require those that own five intact dogs or cats and sell a single puppy or kitten that they bred, to become a state licensed breeder
- They will be required to pay a license fee of at least $300
- It will expose private homes to inspections, and it will require breeders to comply with certain standards that were intended to regulate commercial facilities not attainable in a home environment.
- Some of the commercial requirements in existing law will be unattainable and/or cost prohibitive for Texas breeders that operate in their private homes
- The bills drastically expand state law and go significantly beyond federal regulations administered by the USDA
- We are not a commercial business and should NOT be regulated as such.
How to Help
- Contact your State Senator and State Representative AS CONSTITUENTS and urge them to oppose SB 876 and HB 2238. You can find your state lawmakers HERE.
- Contact Speaker Dade Phelan and respectfully urge him to oppose HB 2238. You can submit comments to the Speaker’s office HERE.
- Contact Lt. Governor Dan Patrick and respectfully urge him to oppose SB 876 HERE.
Please pass this on to all your contacts to take action!