Transferring the ownership of your ADBA Registered dog into your name is a very important part of the registration process. Once the dog is registered under your name, you will be able to:
- Show proof of ownership if dog is lost or needs to be recovered.
- Compete in ADBA Dog Shows, Weight Pulls and Top Dog Athletic Events.
- Register any litter off the dog if the other parent is ADBA registered.
- Reproduce lost paperwork without needing a signature from the breeder.
- Order the pedigree or pedigree analysis needed for breeding purposes.
When mailing the Registration Certificate to ADBA
Be sure to fill out the following information
- Check off the desired services. You will need at least the Transfer of Ownership (includes 4 Generation Pedigree)for $25.00.
- If you purchased the dog more than over 120 days ago, you will need to pay the $20.00 late fee.
- If you need a larger pedigree, this is also offered on this certificate. You can upgrade to a 6 or 7 generation pedigree along with the Transfer of Ownership.
- Fill out all the new owner’s information with your current address and contact information. (ADBA is not responsible for incorrect information you have listed on the certificate)
- New Owners Signature and Sellers Signature must be filled out for Transfer of Ownership
- First choice should be filled out with the dog’s new or current desired name. (Example Smith’s “Rocky”) only 25 characters including quotes and spaces is allowed. (Kennels, AKA’s, and Nicknames must be registered with the ADBA for use in front of dogs name.)
Payment can be made with money order, US funds, debit card or credit card.
PRIVACY & SECURITY
Your privacy is important! American Dog Breeders Association Inc. respects your privacy. That means we have never and will never sell, loan, rent or trade your personal information to any third parties.